Protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of Personal Information means that: we will keep your information and the business you do with us in confidence; we will not sell, rent or loan your information to third parties; we will respect your privacy when we may contact you concerning various products and services which we make available to you from time to time; you will have control over how we obtain, use and under circumstances give out information about you; and you will have access to the information that we have about you.
Why Trapeze May Collect Personal Information
Trapeze collects Personal Information and uses it in order to:
- Establish identity;
- Perform necessary identity and security verifications;
- Process transactions and conduct business;
- Deliver products and services;
- Provide customer support and services;
- Provide ongoing service delivery;
- Provide you with information;
- Improve products, services and service delivery;
- Better understand your needs, interests and suitability for various products and services;
- Recommend specific products and services that may meet your needs;
- Respond to issues, questions, and queries;
- Protect you and us against errors or fraud; and
- Co-operate with law enforcement and legal authorities, where required, to comply with applicable laws and with court orders.
Trapeze will collect, use and may disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; and endeavors to collect as little information as possible as may be necessary under the circumstances.
Please note that aggregated statistics and information, where the identity of a specific individual cannot be identified, is not Personal Information. Trapeze reserves the right to use aggregated information in any manner it determines, in its discretion, to be appropriate. Use of such aggregated information may include, but not be limited to, the preparation of aggregated user statistics and information summaries to improve efficiencies, more effectively describe our product and service offerings, and assist in the marketing of our products and services. Aggregated statistics and information will not contain Personal Information.
What Type of Personal Information Trapeze May Collect
Trapeze collects various types of Personal Information. During the course of doing business or interacting with Trapeze, or receiving products and services from or through Trapeze, you may depending on the nature of the circumstances be asked to provide Trapeze with:
- Geographic (physical) addresses;
- Demographic information;
- E-mail addresses;
- Phone numbers or other contact information;
- Names (first, and last or whatever the family identifying name is);
- Shipping information;
- Billing information;
- Transaction history;
- Web site usage preferences;
- Feedback regarding our business, services, web site and public relations;
- Source IP addresses;
- Times and dates of access to Web site servers;
- Personal preferences;
- Product and service preferences;
- Browsers types and configurations; and
- Miscellaneous administrative and computer traffic information.
Certain forms of information, such as government issued or private sector issued licenses, permits, certificates, cards, in the nature of driver’s licenses, social insurance/security number, passports, insurance cards, voucher numbers, and the like, although convenient for identification, is voluntary. It is up to you whether you want to provide this, or other suitable identification, subject to any legal requirements.
How Does Trapeze Collect Personal Information
- Using our website;
- Using our services;
- In the course of communications with us (face-to-face, by e-mail, by phone, mail or otherwise);
- In the course of feedback to us regarding our business, services, website and public relations;
- When registering with us for services or, where relevant, accounts, or, where relevant, for the download of our software;
- Customer, membership, recipient, or service lists that have been lawfully acquired from third parties;
- Through the completion of manual or electronic forms;
- Web beacons – Web beacons are small, graphic images that allows a website operator to collect certain information and monitor user activity on its website. A web beacon is a very small pixel which is invisible to the user. Trapeze uses web beacons to collect information that is not of a personal nature;
- Clickstreaming - Clickstreaming is a technology that allows a website operator to track the paths that surfers take as they access a website and look at the site's pages, and as they use links to other sites. Trapeze collects such information from visitors to http://www.trapezegroup.com; and
- Website traffic information, which is monitored and analyzed in order to determine which products, services or features may be of interest to visitors, so we may improve our website, products, services, features or other offerings.
In addition, we may review and analyze your use of products and services, to help us serve you better, and to bring other products and services to your attention, which we feel, will be of benefit to you. We also collect and analyze information from other sources for the same purposes.
How Trapeze May Disclose Personal Information
Trapeze does not sell any Personal Information it collects to third parties. Trapeze may share Personal Information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors and agents in the course of providing you with our business services, support, or the fulfillment or delivery of our products or services.
Trapeze may disclose Personal information if we are required to do so a court of competent jurisdiction, other legal or regulatory authority, or, if there is a good faith belief, and reliance on said belief that disclosure is necessary to: comply with any legal process served on Trapeze; maintain, uphold or protect Trapeze’s rights or property; protect and ensure the personal safety of the public or other Trapeze clients; or protect against criminal or quasi-criminal activities, or to detect, prevent, investigate allegations of, or address, misrepresentation or fraud.
Trapeze reserves the right that in the event of a bankruptcy filing, mergers with third parties, acquisition by third parties, sale of assets (all or partial), or any other transfer of all or substantially all of Trapeze relevant assets to a third party, that Trapeze shall be entitled share (or sell as an ancillary aspect of the overarching business transaction) the Personal Information you have provided to us to the third party.
Retention and Disposal
We keep information only for so long as it is needed for the efficient and effective delivery or fulfillment of the software, products, or services you are using or contemplating using and for a reasonable time thereafter, or to meet any legal requirements. We will either destroy or remove information when it is no longer needed.
Security and Storage
Trapeze endeavors to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information. This also applies to our disposal or destruction of Personal Information.
Trapeze keeps the Personal Information we collect from about you strictly confidential. Only authorized personnel have access to this Personal Information. Trapeze personnel who have access to Personal Information receive training regarding privacy protection.
If any employee, contractor or agent of Trapeze misuses Personal Information, this will be considered as a serious offence for which disciplinary action may be taken, up to and including termination of employment or contract for service. If any individual or organization misuses Personal Information - provided for the purpose of providing services to or for Trapeze, this will be considered a serious issue for which action may be taken, up to and including termination of any agreement between Trapeze and that individual or organization and possible legal action against such individual or organization.
Our computer security specialists build security into all our computer systems. This protects your information at all times, when it is stored in data files or handled by our employees. Our systems also protect your information when it is transmitted, for example, between our data processing centers, our stores and corporate offices. Personal Information may be stored or processed in any jurisdiction in which we or our affiliates, suppliers, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By supplying us with Personal Information you consent to any transfer of this information to other jurisdictions (including countries which have not been assessed for adequacy of privacy laws).
Trapeze is and shall continue to use industry-standard technology to maintain the security of your personal information, and for our connections to the internet; however, Trapeze cannot and does not guarantee the privacy, security, authenticity or non-corruption of any information transmitted through the internet or any for information stored in any third-party system connected to the internet.
Trapeze is committed to protecting the safety of children. Trapeze will not knowingly request or use Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen without parental consent. If Trapeze receives actual knowledge does not knowingly or intentionally collect any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen, Trapeze will take steps to have such information eliminated. This website is not to be used by anyone under the age of eighteen. Persons under the age of eighteen are not authorized to use this website and are directed to immediately discontinue use of this website.
Governing Law and Venue